Care Assistant (Kendall House)
Salary: £8.40 to £8.70 /hour
Kendall House, Warmley, Bristol, is a friendly, family-sized home with seven residents. We support Adults with Learning Difficulties and we are celebrating our 25th anniversary this year.
Our residents and staff are looking to recruit a passionate, committed and reliable person as a care assistant to join our team.
This is a fun place to work and our residents love getting out and about: Cinema trips, bowling, darts at the pub and discos, to name a few of their regular activities.
The Successful Care Assistant will:
- be caring, friendly and passionate,
- have a ‘can do‘ attitude and want to make a difference to the lives of our residents,
- be a good communicator,
- have a full UK driving licence, and;
- be able to carry out sleep-in duties.
- Encouraging residents to make day to day choices,
- Maximising their independence to maintain their independent living skills and maximise their social activities,
- Support residents with personal care where necessary,
- Complete daily records, and;
- Domestic duties such as bed making, bathroom hygiene, laundry, cooking and shopping.
Normal hours: 32 per week including alternate weekends
Normal shift patterns: 8-4pm or 2-10 pm
Sleep in shifts (generally 1 per week)
Pay for this role is £8.40 per hour to £8.70 per hour, dependant on NVQ2/QCF qualification. Access to Workplace pension scheme where you could receive a 3% employer contribution.
We offer training, support and development opportunities.
Telephone Sue or Julie on 0117 960 2508 for further details and an application form. Or click Apply Now.